Sunday, August 13, 2006

Lily of the Valley....

Well, I couldn't get very far into this adventure without introducing everyone to my precious little girl Lily. She's 4 1/2 months old and definitely the apple of my eye. Motherhood is absolutely blissful! What more can I say... Except that I owe the fact that I even have a daughter to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I told you I couldn't talk for 5 minutes without mentioning Jesus... (smile). But for those of you who may not know, Lily is a miracle baby. You see, I only have one fallopian tube and the doctor's told me that there was a good chance that I wouldn't be able to conceive. But hey, what do they know? They sure didn't know or understand that I had placed my heart and future in the best physician around - Dr. Jesus. He's never met a barren woman that he couldn't heal. For Jesus, having Lily was no big deal. But as for me and my faith - that was another story. It was definitely a process. First I miscarried and then I had to endure a failed attempt at home birth and subsequent c-section after learning that Lily was breech and presenting hind end first. But all's well that ends well and all I can say it that she's more than worth it!

By the way, Lily's name is from my favorite chapter in the Bible - Song of Solomon 1:1-2.

"I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys. As the lily among thorns, so is my beloved among the daughters."

Yes, my first name is Sharon (Schlyce is actually my middle name) and so this verse just meant so much to me as I stood in faith to have my little girl. I mean as I meditated and meditated on that scripture, Lily became so real to me, even before she was conceived. I just knew that I was going to have a little girl named Lily. As far as I was concerned, I was the rose of Sharon and the Lily of the valleys, so having Lily just had to happen! Which of course, Jesus (also known as the Word) was more than happy to produce.

So be blessed today and remember...

God is faithful (reliable, trustworthy, and therefore ever true to His promise, and He can be depended on)by Him you were called into companionship and participation with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. - 1 Corinthians 1:9

Love,

Schlyce

1 comment:

Unknown said...

NY City Jewelry offers fine AA+ and AAA Pearl Jewelry and Gold Designer Jewelry. Our pearl inventory comes straight from the pearl farms selected for us by our GIA jeweler. Prices are 60% to 80% less than retail. We also have beautiful porcelain handmade dolls. These dolls are duplicates of antique originals with magnificent detail.